Did you know according to flag etiquette, state flags should be only displayed from sunrise to sunset every day?
But like most rules, there is an exception: you can keep your flag flying 24/7 if it is properly illuminated during all hours of darkness.
We think the most ‘illuminating’ solution to light your state flag during the evening hours is solar lights.
The solar light is a green and environment-friendly product. It is powered by solar energy through solar panels. The panels convert the sunlight into electrical energy and then charge the AA Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries during the day.
A light sensor turns on the light automatically at night. Ideally, the light should be in a place to capture the maximum amount of sunlight. The light source is super-bright LED’s which can work up to eight hours at night after a full sunny day of charging.
How to install a solar light on your flagpole:
1. To prolong their life, the batteries are packed separately and are not pre-installed in the solar light. Remove the two battery doors with a small Phillips -head screwdriver, insert the batteries and replace the battery doors.
2. Although the batteries have been charged by the manufacturer, the power level will probably have dropped when you receive them. Please fully charge the Solar light for two days in bright sunlight to realize maximum performance.
3. You can check the operation of the light by simply covering the solar panels completely to activate the light sensor. We suggest that you test the light in this manner before you install the light on the flagpole.
4. Unscrew the ornament from the top of your flagpole, place the solar light on top of the flagpole, with the solar collecting panels facing up, and replace the ornament. (Instructions are included)
5. Enjoy flying your flag 24/7!
Solar Lights are currently sale at Ontario Flag and Pole for
Get yours today to make sure your flag never flies in the dark!
AND Free Shipping on telescopic flagpoles until Christmas!